ASP Annual Meeting
The ASP’s 2014 Annual Meeting will be held August 2-6, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency in Burlingame, CA, just south of San Francisco. The Galileo Teacher Training Program (GTTP) workshop will be held August 2-3, 2014. The E/PO Meeting will be held August 4-6, 2014.
Celebrating Science: Putting Education Best Practices to Work through
- Supporting the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Engaging with 21st Century Media and Technology
- Enhancing Science Communication Skills and Practices
- Evaluating, Assessing and Documenting E/PO Impacts
- Promoting Multicultural Diversity and Gender Equity
- Using Authentic Science and Citizen Science
- Improving Our Professional Practice
Plenaries, Panels and Workshops
- Confirmed featured plenary speaker, Dennis Bartels, Executive Director of the Exploratorium, will address connections across formal and informal STEM learning.
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) plenary will address implications for schools, school districts, teacher professional development providers, and others. Linda Shore, new Executive Director of the ASP and recently Director of the Teacher Institute at the Exploratorium, will moderate. NGSS-oriented hands-on workshops will follow.
- A plenary panel will examine enhancing the science communication skills of research scientists, with panel moderator Dennis Schatz, Pacific Science Center, who will also follow with a hands-on workshop.
- Other plenaries and concurrent sessions will explore NASA EPO impacts and metrics, public science literacy, “big science,” and amateur astronomers’ impact on research and outreach.
- Abstracts related to any of these plenary ideas and conference threads are now welcome. Please note that this year we invite a new category of abstracts: 2-hour special sessions. Abstracts are due May 4.