ASP2018: Advancing Astronomy for All
Conference on Education, Communication,
and Diversity in Science
September 10 – 13, 2018
Sonoma Wine Country, California
DoubleTree by Hilton
Join your colleagues in California’s beautiful Sonoma Wine Country for 3 days of workshops, panels, oral sessions, poster sessions, an opening reception and dinner/film showing, as well as opportunities for extracurricular wine country tours.
Register Today! Late Fee and Single Day Tickets Available.
Travel/Lodging Special Conference Rate no longer available.
Program & Schedule Updated schedules available
Guest Tickets Reception, Dinner, and Movie!
Contact us if you are interested in sponsoring this meeting
Abstract SubmissionsSubmissions are now closed
Detailed Information about the conference
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory is a facility of the National Science Foundation operated under cooperative agreement by Associated Universities, Inc. The NRAO provides state-of-the-art radio telescope facilities for use by the international scientific community.
About ASP2018: Advancing Astronomy for All
The ASP’s 130th Annual Meeting is a broad science education/outreach conference featuring plenary talks/panels, contributed workshops/sessions, and oral/poster presentations addressing a wide range of professional work, research, and evaluation in education, communication, and diversity in science.
We welcome a variety of professionals, including:
- science educators;
- college instructors;
- informal educators;
- outreach professionals;
- science communicators.
We welcome professionals and contributions across a number of related science fields, including:
- space science;
- planetary science;
- solar science;
- earth science;
- Science Education;
- Science Communication;
- Diversity in Science.
Come share best practices for working with these audiences:
- Higher Education: Instructors and Students (as with Cosmos in the Classroom past ASP conferences);
- K-12: Teachers and Students;
- Citizen Scientists and Amateur Astronomers;
- Informal Audiences at Museums, Parks, Libraries, Afterschool, etc.;
- General Public;
Strategies and Practices
- Confronting Political Challenges to Science and Science Education;
- Engaging with Diverse and Underserved Communities;
- Social Media and Traditional Media;
- Education Research and Evaluation Studies;
- Professional Development Programs;
- Curriculum Development;
- Out of School Learning for Children;